You are here:

Existing commercial raffle organisers

The Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation (VCGLR) is committed to working with the gaming industry to help licensees to understand their responsibilities under the Gambling Regulation Act 2003.

If you intend to conduct a raffle, in whole or in part, on behalf of a declared or charitable organisation on a commercial basis, you will need to hold a commercial raffle organiser’s licence (sole trader) (PDF, 542KB).

Statement of return

Commercial raffle organisers must submit and complete a Statement of return for conduct of a raffle (PDF, 277KB) to the Victorian Commission of Gambling and Liquor Regulation within three months of the draw date of each raffle.


There are specific directions and guidelines that commercial licensees need to follow. Penalties apply for failure to comply with these requirements. If there are any changes that affect your commercial raffle organiser’s licence, you need to notify the VCGLR within 14 days after the change takes place. For more information, please refer to the VCGLR directions and guidelines for the related commercial raffle organiser direction.

Application forms

For a complete list of application forms, go to Gambling forms


For news and updates, subscribe to our newsletter