You are here:
Responsible Service of Alcohol
Undertaking an approved Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) program gives participants the skills and knowledge necessary to contribute to a safe, enjoyable environment in licensed premises.
Face-to-face RSA training is mandatory for licensees and staff selling, offering or serving liquor for general, on-premises, late night and packaged liquor licences. Licensees and staff subject to mandatory RSA requirements have one month from the date on which they first sell, offer for sale or serve liquor on the licensed premises to complete an RSA program. They will then need to complete the approved RSA online refresher course within three years of completing their last RSA program.
The RSA program covers a range of topics including:
- problems associated with excessive consumption
- alcohol and the law
- the question of who is responsible for RSA
- facts about alcohol
- improving the atmosphere of your premises
- handling difficult customers.
RSA frequently asked questions
Please check out our RSA frequently asked questions page for information about RSA requirements and interstate certificates.
Advanced RSA training course
Please check out our Advanced RSA page for more information about the Advanced RSA training course.
RSA training register
All licensees subject to the RSA training requirement will need to maintain an up-to-date RSA training register (PDF, 73KB). This register must record the following:
- name of the licensee and all serving staff or if the licensee is a body corporate, the name of the person responsible for management of the premises
- a copy of the RSA certificate or most recent RSA refresher certificate if the RSA training was completed more than
three years ago
- the date on which each person first sold, offered for sale or served liquor on the licensed premises.
This register should be readily accessible and available for inspection.
Individuals wishing to find a local registered training provider that can deliver the face-to-face RSA program should use the map below and contact a local training organisation.
You may also download the RSA training providers (EXCEL, 169KB).
Use this map to find a suitable training provider for your RSA course. If you click on the marker, you will see the contact details for each training provider.
View RSA Training Providers in a larger map